You’ve heard mention of estate tag sales, but you’re not entirely sure if they’re worth attending or, if you’ve been to one before, you weren’t entirely sure of what you’re actually looking for. Well, if you have any doubts, allow Jerry’s Antiques and Estate Sales, some of the most experienced and knowledgeable estate and antique appraisers in the entire Tri-State area, to inform you about 10 incredible things you can find at estate tag sales.
- Large furnishings: There’s just something appealing about older, wooden furniture. Pieces such as bureaus, tables, shelves or couches are always sought after. However, they are typically prohibitively expensive due to their age and/or hand-made craftsmanship. At estate tag sales, such items are often available in well-maintained conditions for prices comparable to what you would pay for flat-pack furniture.
- Cutlery and crockery: If you’re looking for some everyday tableware, genuine silverware or even fine china, you will often find whole sets of both or individual collectibles for far less than retail price at estate tag sales, particularly if the estate sale is leaving the house in broom swept condition.
- Glassware: Quality glassware is difficult to find, but at estate tag sales they are just waiting to be bought.
- Jewelry: From costume jewelry to the finest antique, one-of-a-kind jewelry for all genders, estate tag sales are the place to go if you’re looking to add a sparkle to your appearance, for amazing prices.
- Décor: Estate tag sales are well known among interior decorators as being the first place to look for unique or antique décor, vases, chandeliers, bookends or clocks, all at fantastic prices. Broom swept clean outs can also give you access to curtains and rugs.
- Art: Art is always subjective, but it is possible that you’ll find a piece that speaks to you for an entirely affordable price. Alternatively, if you’re not interested in the artwork itself, the frames on the artworks, particularly the larger ones, can be repurposed and thus save you a small fortune in the foreseeable future.
- Hardware: DIY equipment can be very expensive when bought new. Quality tools can cost a lot but will also last a lifetime, so if a previous owner doesn’t want them, why not buy them at a bargain price?
- Sports equipment: As with hardware, sports equipment can be very expensive. Hunting, fishing or seasonal sports equipment can often be found at estate tag sales, almost always in good condition.
- Books: If you’ve already read every book you own and are looking to expand your library, or have simply always wanted to own some timeless classics, estate tag sales are a great place to look. You can often buy an entire box of books for the price of a single, new retail book.
- Unique collectibles: While applying to all the previous section, estate tag sales are a fantastic place to find true collector’s items, for a fraction of the cost and hassle of what you would expect to pay at an auction. Autographed or one-of-a-kind collectors’ items are often found at estate tag sales, and it has happened that some people have gotten extremely lucky and found items such as stock certificates worth millions.
If you’re interested in attending a local estate tag sale, why not consider an estate tag sale organized by Jerry’s Antiques and Estate Sales? With a wide range of expertise, you can be certain that you’re getting a fair deal on whatever you buy. If you would like more information or would like to enquire about upcoming sales, please contact us today.